MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Farewell Farrah, Mays & Michael

In the past few days, shocking, "untimely" deaths have occurred.

Farrah Fawcett died of a rare cancer on Thursday.

Michael Jackson died suddenly Thursday afternoon.
And, sometime Saturday evening or early Sunday morning,
Billy Mays died. Whenever I saw a commercial with Billy Mays, I immediately thought of my dad. Billy was the type of Infomercial man who could coax my dad into buying that must-have gadget.
Like Michael's death, Billy May's ending has left many wondering
How did it happen??? WHY did it happen???
Each of these famous people died tragically and all seemed to die "before their time." Farrah was supposed to get married to her life-long love. Michael was to start that 50-city tour - his COMEBACK tour. Bill Mays had just survived a turbulent airplane ride only to die hours later. Yet, each of these "premature"deaths were no accident to God. Each one of us has an appointed time to die. My mom always told me, "Wanda, you can be sure of TWO THINGS in this life:
You've got to pay taxes AND everyone is going to die."
It doesn't matter HOW you start your life out.
We all know Michael had a transformation in his life. His outward appearance changed drastically throughout his 50 years. But, a transformation MUST take place WITHIN each person. The important transformation I'm referring to is a decision, a choice every person MUST make sometime throughout his/her life.
The choice I'm talking about is whether you are going to reject Jesus or accept Jesus.
How you decide is how you'll spend...

"Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Romans 8:34

He's interceding for those who have put their faith and trust in Jesus. Have you accepted Jesus personally?

I know who President Barack Obama is
but I don't know him personally. You may know Who Jesus is, but do you know Him personally?

3 comments:

  1. wanda...very well written...im so glad I know Jesus...He has made all the difference in my life!!! WHen I see someone like Michael Jackson, I feel so sad for him. He had everything the world offers...fame & fortune. but he seemed so unhappy. What the world promises us is so deceptive!

    thanks for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda
    I just wanted to say thank you for the very sweet birthday wishes:)
    xo
    Chrissie Grace

    ReplyDelete