MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Blessings Upon Blessings

Lying here in my parents' bedroom at their beach house, I find myself over-watched (is that even a word?) from Lifetime Original Movies and over-sleepy from pain meds....and yet, I'm relishing in the oodles of blessings I have!!!!




Yes, I'm using one of my gifts from my mom, sis, nieces & nephews...SUDOKU!!! A NEW kind of EXERCISING for me!!!



Even as I write, back home my eldest sister sent her eldest son (my 11-year-old heartthrob of a nephew) to MOW my YARD!!! My eldest sister is the mother of 4 so giving up one of her older children so that they can do work at someone else's home is a BIG DEAL!!!! Thanks, Sis! And, thank you, my handsome nephew!




BEFORE




DURING


AND, if that doesn't just put the ICE in my ICED CAPPUCCINO, my middle sister is CLEANING MY HOUSE!!!!


This is also ONE huge sacrifice....my middle sister has an addiction to cleaning - she loves it! In fact, I think a toy vacuum or dusting cloth was one of her first toys. Growing up, even though this sister is 2 years older than me, I would PAY her to clean my room! So, maybe you have a little idea of HOW MUCH my sister ADORES cleaning!
I'm more of this kind of person....

Had I known ahead of time that she would be cleaning my house - and, if I were physically able to -

I would have been like this....


So, THANK YOU SIS!


My sister...happy to clean....but would rather clean a CLEANER HOUSE, I'm sure!



Since this LOVES-TO-CLEAN Sista is the one with whom I was with when I ripped my abs, I can only imagine that this is how she must be cleaning! (She's also taking care of our beagle, Rocky - both of my sisters have, in fact!)

I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday and miles more than I did last week! God is faithful! My sister-in-law and her sister are visiting us from Canada and have taken upon themselves to cook every meal this week! (My hubby stepped in a did a couple of breakfasts) They all are quite the servants.


Last night my SIL (sister-in-law)'s sister and her husband bought our children some ice cream.
Here's our children SHARING!



Adorable, EH?
(Oh, my! The Canadians are rubbing off, eh?! I did it again!)


I'll close with this picture from one of my dad's favorite places to stop on the boardwalk...
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment