MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Check Out What My Flip Calendar Said for Today...



June 3



"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7



"Thank You, Father, that you see the beginning and the end of each journey. Therefore, the path ahead is unclear to me, I can still trust your leading."



How appropriate for what I've been experiencing! I just PRAISE GOD for many things...reminders that God knows the beginning and the end of this journey, gentle reprimands from my mom when I invite her to one of my "pity parties", visits from nurse friends, encouragements via emails, cards and phone calls, meals from wonderful ladies at church, AND a compassionate family doctor who prescribed some pain meds for me yesterday. I didn't even mention my fabulous husband who - at first - had to help me bathe, go to the bathroom, etc. I would be worse off without such a patient, thoughtful husband. I'm so thankful. I'm also super thankful to wake up this morning and find my 7-year-old eager to read his Bible alongside of Mommy and Daddy. I'm very thankful, too, for my precious almost 5-year-old daughter who entertained herself while Mommy lay quietly on the coach Monday and Tuesday.



Although I feel (and look) like this lady - in a dress (At this point what else is comfortable? Thank God for the pretty dresses Mom bought me...), I again am reminded that

He has made everything beautiful in its time.

Ecclesiastes 3:11





1 comment:

  1. Remembering you in prayer today. Glad for church friends and family that are taking such good care of you.

    I remember going to McDonalds one night with the girls from our apartment for a milkshake run. We all sat around talking about our dreams for the future--marriage and children and much more.

    Look at us now! God has truly blessed us.
    SO glad to be able to keep up with you and other friends through modern technology. :)

    ReplyDelete