MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary!



Happy 9th Anniversary
to my Love, my Sweetheart, my BEST FRIEND!



Our Wonderful Little Mellette Family


And, another SHOUT OUT to the best parents a girl could ever have, my parents...today also marks their anniversary...Happy 42nd Anniversary!


Aren't they the cutest?!!?

What a legacy!


This is the verse we asked our pastor to preach on during our wedding ceremony....
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17

During the reception, everyone was given a little envelope that contained a sleeping butterfly. After my groom and I read a poem we wrote, everyone released their butterflies! It symbolized the new life we have in Christ and the new life we have as a couple. We asked the guests whenever they see these transformed creatures (butterflies) that they pray for us and our new life together.
It was such a joy to marry my best friend 9 years ago and what a blessing it was to come home from our honeymoon to find a letter from one of my hubby's friends. He wrote a detailed letter saying that as a result of our wedding, he came to know the Lord personally!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a special couple!! What a great tribute to the guy God gave to you, and what a wonderful example you have to follow in your parents. Congratulations to the two of them also. I have learned many things from them, just be observation. Hope you all have a memorable day today.

    ReplyDelete