MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have NO Fear

Little Bear



Pretty Little Princess


Recently our little Mellette family went on a "hiking" trip. Okay, I didn't really hike. I walked slowly and took in all of the sights! My hubby planned the whole thing. He helped me pack a yummy lunch, too. It was such a memorable afternoon!

Pausing for Lunch

After lunch, we saw a steep little trail off the main path. Little Bear, Pretty Little Princess, and my #1 Hubby took the challenge while I snapped some pictures. Going up wasn't a problem...









...It was the going back down the hill that caused some fear and trepidation.

(No problem for our Beagle Rocky!)

Check out my hubby's face in this one!
It really wasn't easy especially with a 5-year-old on your back!

As I listened and watched my dear hubby console our Pretty Little Princess, I was reminded of my loving Heavenly Father. He often takes me by the hand and guides me gently and carefully to safety. I may not always be the most trusting, patient or understanding princess, but my faithful Father (through His Word - the Bible) reassures me ever so sweetly...

"For I am the LORD, your God, Who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you'
"
Isaiah 41:13.

Sometimes just when you think you can't take another step, our Father provides someone to carry you.




But, other times we need to get off someone's shoulders and do a task all by ourselves!
It may be scary at first...



...And we may need a little encouragement just to finish strong...

...But, it's just SOOO worth it!

1 comment:

  1. It's so worth it to read your blog too! Each post is so interesting. I am glad that you didn't hike so that I could see those pictures. How nice of your husband to plan a fun family time together.

    ReplyDelete