MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting Ready for Kindergarten

When Little Bear was about to start Kindergarten, I had a "run through" with the whole eating out of a lunchbox in a certain amount of time....just to give him practice, to see what he liked or didn't like for lunch, how much he would eat, and if he could open the wrappers, etc. So, today we had a practice run through with the Pretty Little Princess...




(Sniff, Sniff)



As she was zipping up her lunchbox, I said,
"Oh, Honey! I can't believe you're going to Kindergarten! Oh! I'm going to miss you!"




But - true to form - the Pretty Little Princess looked at me like I was crazy! She kept saying,
"Oh, Mom! You'll see me every day at recess!"




I will see her every day at school, but not at recess...I didn't have the heart to tell her that. It will be so nice working at the same school Little Bear & the Pretty Little Princess will be attending, but it doesn't diminish the fact that my baby girl is going to...





Anybody else feeling my pain??!??




2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain my friend. You are on the verge of another exciting adventure in parenting, and I do think you will like it...most days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter too is starting Kindergarten tomorrow. She went to camp all summer at her school, so she is familiar with her classroom and her teacher, which helps. I remember when my son started Kindergarten and now he is going in to 10th grade. I still can't believe how fast they grow up.

    If you get a chance, stop by my Blog for a visit and say hi! I JUST put up a New Post...
    Have a great day,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete