MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Friday, October 16, 2009

A True American Hero: Brandon Styer


Every day that I wake up
and am able to enjoy the freedoms I have,
a USA soldier should be thanked.
Today, I would like to publicly thank the parents a one soldier who gave his life in Afghanistan to protect our liberties and freedoms here in America.
That soldier was Brandon Styer.

I had heard so much about Brandon Styer from his step mom, Diane who raised him with her hubby - Brandon's dad - Terry. Diane never had children of her own
but loved Brandon as if he were her own.
I've known Diane all my life...years ago, she helped lead my sister to the Lord. Diane's birthday is one day before mine and as a young child - many times - Diane would take me out to dinner to celebrate our birthdays. She was my piano teacher long ago and in April she became Little Bear's piano teacher. In August, she became Pretty Little Princess' Kindergarten Aide at school. Needless to say, we love Diane and grieve with her, Terry, and Brandon's twin sister, Alyssa.

In September, while on leave, Diane brought Brandon to school to meet the students who had heard SO much about him. When I met him in the hallway,
Diane told me how most of Brandon's unit were killed in Iraq,
but Brandon survived
...I told Brandon -
"Wow! You're a miracle!"
I thanked him for his service, shook his hand,
and never dreamed that would be my first AND last encounter with him.
He was killed in Afghanistan this week.


Here is a YouTube in memory of our soldiers.
Would you take a moment
and pray for the Styer family?
Pray for peace, comfort and a calm in the storm....


1 comment:

  1. Wow! There are not words to express how I am feeling as I am reading this post. With my own nephew over there now, it puts it all in proper perspective. Freedom with a great price! Thank you Wanda for making it known and for honoring this dear, heartbroken family like this.

    ReplyDelete