MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Joys of Being


Joy is my absolute favorite word. It's no surprise the Pretty Little Princess has JOY as her middle name! I just adore Joy - what it means academically: the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires; the expression or exhibition of such emotion; a state of happiness or felicity; a source or cause of delight AND what it means to me spiritually: it's not "happiness", but a personal decision to fully trust God - no matter the outcome or circumstance - and to exude the Delight and the Dweller of my heart - the Holy Spirit. I totally made that up, so if that doesn't make sense, forgive me!



Sometimes living "in this world" but desperately trying hard to not be "of this world" can get a little bit discouraging. Face it, we live in a sinful world. So, to encourage ya'll and to spread some joy, here are some JOYFUL BLESSINGS in my life...

Meeting a different physical therapist yesterday who just "happened" to be a Christian...how refreshing!





Okay, so I don't REALLY look like this, but after all those neck exercises, I FEEL like this!


Teaching at my Alma mater! I LOVED the time I had at home as a STAY-AT-HOME MOM, but I also LOVE TEACHING!





This is a picture of my one niece that I GET to TEACH! Not sure if she's too thrilled, but I am!



Living with my BEST FRIEND!!!
(Hands off, Ladies...he's MY MAN! I can just see my sisters rolling their eyes and getting upset stomachs!)




Being the mother to the TWO BEST CHILDREN EVER!!!
(I feel bad for the rest of you, but I'm just so blessed! wink wink)




A phone call from a college friend who lives in NYC,
An afternoon of silence,
A high school friend delivering healthy twin boys one-hour apart but on 2 different dates,
A Canadian friend announcing she's pregnant with #3,
A college friend - unable to conceive - and chooses to adopt,
A thank you note from a student,
An American Hero who died protecting our country & who is now enjoying God's presence,
An email from a friend,
AND YOU...my blogging friend!

There are SOOOO many other joyful blessings in my life, but there's not enough time or space on this blog entry to tell you.
What's a JOYFUL BLESSING in YOUR life????

2 comments:

  1. What is a joyful blessing in my life? You. You radiate joy even when you are sick, going through troubles(many troubles), and car accidents, you still radiate joy. It blesses me so often. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Wanda...I was so surprised and honored to be mentioned in your post!!!! THANK YOU for sharing in my joy! Only a creative God would have given them seperate birthdays...surely no doing of my own! (I just wanted them OUT!). I want you to know that I so enjoy reading your blog, and want to do better with leaving you comments to let you know, as your's always encourage me!!!Thank you!)
    PS. We're moving just 'a veys down the road' from you, into Brownstown! While i will miss my little home sweet home here, I am looking forward to being back in 'the conty' (i can't spell it the dutchy way i'm saying it, but I think you'll pick it up just fine). REmember when WIOV (did you listen to country?) had a Dutch word/expression of the day every morning? That just popped into my head, forgot about that!
    Anyhoo..also wondered what grade/subject you are teaching? I'm not just saying this, but truly, you would be a DREAM teacher...I would have been a big fan had I been a student of yours!!!
    Lots of love...
    Jeane`

    ReplyDelete