MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Exaggerate


My 6th grade class has the word "exaggerate" for one of their spelling words. On Monday when I was explaining/defining the new spelling list, I gave this example for the word exaggerate...

"To exaggerate is to say, 'My husband is so hot, when I look at him my eyelids burn!'
True, he is hot, but my eyelids burning is a bit over-the-top!"


My "hot" hubby feels so bad for my students some days - he's sure they probably feel ill on a regular basis due to my "endearing" stories about my love for him!

1 comment:

  1. ha ha Oh Wanda....how I would LOVE to be one of your sixth graders. Thanks for the JOY and FUN you bring to Life/LCS.

    ReplyDelete