MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I'm Still Here!

Sorry to be so neglectful on my blog, my friends!
It's been a whirlwind of a week!
After I last posted, I've found myself on the phone with insurance companies and then with doctors! When the adrenaline wore off, the pain came on FULL BLAST! It started out with pain in my legs but by the end of last week, that pain went bye-bye...Thank God! I guess the knots I felt in my legs were due to the extreme breaking when I tried to avoid the collision with the red-light-runner.





But, the pain I continue to feel is in my neck...groan! I went to my family doctor's who referred me to a physical therapist (P.T.). The P.T. said it's obvious my muscles are so tight...my left shoulder is higher than my right shoulder. That explains all those headaches! After the P.T. dug around my neck yesterday, I zonked out at 7:45ish p.m.! For a night owl like me that was record-setting!





Friday a week ago, I was praying with the kiddos on the way to school - it's a tradition we have every morning. On a side note - We always begin our prayer at the exact traffic light I had my accident. Anyways, that particular Friday, I had our children in the van with me - they usually go to school later when Daddy can drop them off. But, on that morning, they came with me and we were thanking God for my minivan - how reliable and dependable it is! I didn't realize that would be the last day I'd ever drive my children to school in that wonderful minivan.



Exactly one week after my unfortunate accident, God provided the most wonderful of vehicles for me and my family! A used SUV! and, I really like it! We were privileged to choose between 3 of the exact same SUVs - the only difference really was the color of the SUVs...We Americans don't know how good we have it! Little Bear kept pushing for the metallic blue one...and his vote won! Praise God with me as I am now driving around in another reliable, dependable vehicle!
God is so good!

But - to be completely transparent - I have my down moments...the Friday before my accident was actually my final day taking the medicine for that nasty poison I had....then, on Tuesday I was put on 2 meds for the pain in my neck and another medicine for a bladder infection - oh, yes! Just for fun - I got a bladder infection around the time of the accident! On a positive note...my tummy is doing better! I still have some leftover blood that still hasn't been absorbed back into my body, but at least the pain in my abdomen is gone! Praise the Lord!
Little Bear said to me today,
"What is God doing with you, Mommy?
First your stomach and now your neck!"
It's hard to argue with that, but the Holy Spirit gave me the words to say...
"He's teaching me lots of lessons and I'm thankful!"
Only God the Holy Spirit could give me the words to respond like that!
Romans 8:26 says it perfectly...in those moments we are at a loss and don't know how to pray because we don't know what God is trying to teach us...
His Word says:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

"Thank You for groaning on my behalf!"

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry! You sure have had an interesting last 6 months, and yet you have come out of it all beautifully. Please be careful in the next 6 months. We want you around for a long time.

    ReplyDelete