MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Monday, March 23, 2009

A VERY Happy Birthday


Those of you who know me, know that today is a very special day..March 23...thirteen years ago today, on my 19th birthday, I became an aunt for the very first time! What made this even more special was how God orchestrated it all....
Two days before I turned 16, my parents threw me a surprise 16th birthday party. On the way to the party, my paternal grandpa was killed in a car accident. I struggled with depression and well, it wasn't until the day before I turned 19 that I gave my birthday woes to the Creator of Life. I was in college in New York when I got a phone call on my birthday the next day...my eldest sister was in the hospital. UGH! At first I thought something terrible happened (not always the optimist)! But, was so happy to find out later that day that my sister went into labor a month early! Years later, that same sister had a son on March 21, the actual day my grandpa died.
My family and close friends probably gets sick of hearing that story over and over every year, BUT isn't it amazing how God changed things around so that now I REJOICE over my birthday instead of CRY over it?!!? Sharing a birthday with my niece - who is now THIRTEEN - is such a joy and I praise God for doing this mighty work. Knowing all of my grandparents are with their Savior is also another reason to rejoice!

THANK YOU, GOD, FOR TODAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Niece and Thank you, God, for giving me 32 WONDERFUL years!

2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your approach on life!! You are a blessing to all who know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard that story before and it thrills my heart to hear it now. Love the way God works through His Mercy and Grace in our lives. No wonder you are such a kind and caring person today, because you went through heartache and pain earlier. I wish you and your dear neice and nephew, a very special birthday!!! Thanks for sharing that happening in your life.

    ReplyDelete