MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tough Tuesday

All of this happened before 9:30 this morning....
Our son fell off his top bunk a little before 3 this morning and cried for an hour. He's still not himself. He said his stomach hurts. I'm not sure what to do. He's at school and so am I. I'm subbing in instrumental music (I have a break right now).
Before I go on with how my day at school started, I have to tell you that once our son finally went to sleep, I had terrible nightmares. I was frozen in fear! I kept waking up from the nightmares and then, from terrible numbness in my hands! In other words, not the most restful of nights!
It hasn't been the typical subbing day either - the classroom where I am to teach today was locked. I went to the closest teacher and his key wouldn't work. I called from another teacher's room and maintenance was sent to unlock the door.
I noticed one of my sisters nearby my locked classroom so I went to chat with her quietly (there was a meeting in the foyer). Then, I went over to my now-opened classroom to see the chairs weren't set up! So, off I went to set up the chairs. For a reason only God could orchestrate, I glanced out the window. Mind you, I had NO time to glance out the window because a class of 8th graders were about to make their way into my classroom, but I noticed something out of the corner of my eye...my hysterically crying 4-year-old nephew! He was wandering outside of the school in the rain just about to round the corner, out of sight! I quickly opened the window and yelled out to him to stop! He heard me and I made my way outside. He came with me inside and I brought him quickly to my classroom. My sister wasn't far - she was busy setting up refreshments for some visitors that were going to tour our school later today. She never dreamed her son would exit the car in the short amount of time she was inside!
Remember I said there was a meeting going on in the hallway so I couldn't yell over to my sister to tell her I had her son, so I tried calling her on her cell phone but she didn't answer. In the meantime, I glanced at the lesson plans. Usually the plans are emailed to me and I look over them ahead of time, but it was just one of those days! The students were due to arrive in 2 minutes and as I looked at the lesson plans, it read, "Get VCR and Projector". UGH! I had to go to another teacher's room and retrieve the media equipment. Hand-in-hand my nephew walked with me as fast as his little legs would walk. The bell rang just before I reached the classroom to get the media stuff. We dashed to my classroom to see it already filled with 8th graders. As I returned, I again looked out the window to see my sister's car gone! It's good I'm not afraid to multi-task because I had my nephew by my side as I was trying to get the VCR working and at the same time, I'm calling my sister to tell her I have her son! I was so glad she had her cell phone on her at this point! My sister was teary-eyed and frantic trying to find her youngest! School officials were already looking for my nephew, but here he was with me! Anyways, my sister and her son were reunited - praise the Lord! But, that ol' VCR, man! I couldn't get it working! Two dear teachers came and rescued me. One fixed the VCR while the other found some class rosters for me. My hands keep going numb...perhaps it's a bit of a panic attack - only God knows!
But on a more cheery note, our Easter was fantastic! I enjoyed singing in the Cantata at church, the meals at my parents', the Easter egg hunt - just loved it! I longed for the day to just keep on going! But, you know, God knew I needed a remarkably good Sunday...He knew what kind of Monday and Tuesday I would have! Yes, I didn't even tell you about Monday - that's in the past and I'm just trying to live out Tuesday!
"...Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. " Philippians 1:6
I've had little interruptions here and there as I've written down today's blog. The 2 last interruptions were just delightful...around 12:30, my eldest niece brought me my lunch from the cafeteria. She even spent her hard earned money on me, buying me a refreshing Turkey Hill Green Iced Tea! How sweet and thoughtful! As she left, my hottie hubby came with a treat as well, a warm french vanilla cappuccino! Needless to say, I need to end this blog to use the facilities, but oh, the caffeine! How'd they know I'd need it?!!? I have an Uppercase Living show this evening.......

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wanda, that was quite the day! Glad Gabriel is okay.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete