MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back from the Hospital

I don't normally blog twice a day, and even though my arms from my elbows to my fingers hurt, I wanted to update you all on the conclusion of my "Tough Tuesday."

At the close of school, our son's name was called to come out of the car line to where I was waiting for him. I commented to a friend how long I thought it was taking him. When I saw him, I knew he still must not be feeling good. He told me he felt as bad as he did this morning, that the pain hadn't lessened. After our short ride home from school, I lifted up his shirt and noticed his one rib was sticking out...it never looked like that before. I called our family doctor and after quickly changing into jeans (thank God there was 5 minutes to do that), we went to the doctor's.

When the nurse looked at our son, she, too, thought his rib was broken. But when the doctor pressed on my little prince's ribs, he didn't wince in pain. The stomach area was what really made his face squirm in pain. Without x-ray eyes, our doctor said he couldn't figure out exactly what was causing his pain - Could it be something wrong with one of his organs? Possibly a liver lacerations? Could there be internal bleeding? Without tests, we'd just be guessing. SO....we were instructed to go to the hospital stat!

Our 7-year-old little man had to drink this super nasty bottle of grossness within an hour for the x-rays, CT scan, and then, an IV, blah, blah, medical jargon, and so on. Notice, I have no clue what the medical lingo is but I'm so thankful it's so readily available!



Can I also just mention here that family is awesome?!!? When I was tearful - oh, yes, I was - I was able to call my sisters and sister-in-law, my mom and my hottie hubby called his dad, too, just to unload and get them to pray. My mom and dad took our pretty little princess so we could focus in on our little prince - how nice and thoughtful! My sister and niece came to the hospital just when we needed someone else to step in to try and persuade our little prince to DRINK, DRINK, DRINK that nasty iodine contrast junk. And, when I needed some more creative help, I called my dear friend who just "happens" to be in radiology school! She was SO helpful as she told our son over the phone to drink the "magic potion" that will "highlight your insides!" Thinking that his insides would be like "glow-in-the-dark" was some added motivation!

My niece and my sister

On a side note, my ever-so-understanding ol' college friend totally understood when I asked to cancel my Uppercase Living show for this evening! Don't you just love Christian sisters?!!!? She was so understanding and encouraging...yes, I cried a little to her, too!

Close to 8pm, we got the results from the tests...all of his organs look good...the only thing - which is minor to any major organ - was that his bladder didn't look exactly right. I don't know, compared to all it could have been, I'm so glad that it wasn't anything serious!
When we were walking out of the hospital, who was there at the very street we walked at upon but my dear parents!!!! With them was Kentucky Fried Chicken - ah! Supper! Thank God for such thoughtfulness and generosity!

What will tomorrow hold? I don't know, but I know Who holds my future!!! Thank you, Father, that I'm still relatively sane after this Tough Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wanda, Every visit to your blog is like reading a novel. Never a dull boring moment in your life. I do appreciate the way you write and the interesting details that you include. God and His guardian angels have their hands full when little children are in a family. I cannot imagine how frightened your sister must have felt when she discovered her son missing. I love happy endings. I am so thankful that your son is okay.

    ReplyDelete