MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Redeeming Love - Take My Challenge!

When my eldest sister sees the above picture, I can just imagine her rolling her eyes! Not because of this amazingly incredible book, but because of my incessant commentaries on this wonderful read!
Last week I went to Wal-Mart looking for another book to pour myself into. I had just finished reading the Francine Rivers book "The Last Sin Eater" that my mother-in-law gave me for my birthday. It was such a good book I wondered if I could find another Francine Rivers book. Rivers writes with such great visual descriptions, I feel like I'm watching a movie when I read her books! When I saw Redeeming Love on Wal-Mart's "Christian" or was it "Religious" section I remembered that one of my dear friends, Carla, had recommended this book to me a LONG time ago. I knew I needed to buy it and I now know it was one of the best $10 I ever spent!!!
If you're looking for a great summer read, look NO further....Redeeming Love will turn the non-reader or the casual reader into a full-fledged - can't stop reading - reader! Here's an enticing description from the WaterBrook Press website...
Best-selling author Francine Rivers skillfully retells the biblical love story of Gomer and Hosea in a tale set against the exciting backdrop of the California Gold Rush. The heroine, Angel, is a young woman who was sold into prostitution as a child. Michael Hosea is a godly man sent into Angel’s life to draw her into the Savior’s redeeming love. This remarkable novel has sold over a million copies globally and has been a fixture on the CBA bestsellers list for nearly a decade. A six-part reading guide, suitable for individual use or group discussion, is included in this best-selling novel.

In the introduction of this GREAT READ is a "rating" of PG-13 for this book. Why? Well, it deals with lots of endearing marital Song of Solomon-type descriptions. It deals with prostitution, adultery and the likes. Personally, I kept thinking...wow! The love Michael Hosea had for his bride is just a glimpse of the love Christ has for me! The book moved me to see God the Father in such an endearing way and it also moved me to see my husband in a new way. I hope you take my challenge to you and READ THIS BOOK...perhaps you'll find those around you rolling their eyes at you, too, as you incessantly talk about this wonderful read!

4 comments:

  1. I was looking for a book to read at the beach this summer... I'll have to see if the library has it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your link on Pretty Organized Palace. :) I fell in love with this book when it first came out when I was in high school. I've read it several times, and I really enjoy FR's fiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    I LOVE this book too. I couldn't put it down when I read it. I'll be bringing it to the beach this summer to read it again.
    xo,
    Chrissie Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was wonderful! Several people have recommended other books by Francine Rivers, and I am eager to read those too. I'm planning to host a book club at some point to discuss Redeeming Love. Several of us are eager to talk about it!

    ReplyDelete