MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How truly BLESSED we are and Riding on the Rail

We don't know how good we have it here in America! Opportunities and freedoms are around every corner here in the good ol' U.S.A.!!! I'm still reflecting on the sweet memory of Mother's Day 2009. It was such a joyful day, let me reminisce...

Early Sunday morning, May 10 my little family of four ventured in our minivan off to church. A healthy growing church that holds 2 services with Sunday School for all in between the services. Our church is eagerly awaiting the arrival a teaching pastor and his wife who will arrive from Colorado within the next few weeks. A number of things to be thankful for already - a well-maintained minivan that is quite reliable, a church that is truly blessed, AND all of these things within a FREE country - ah! The joy of not fearing persecution! Truly we are blessed here in America!

Little Bear waving Ol' Glory
Where else can my 2 sisters, my mom, and 2 other dear friends and our families enjoy the blessing of NOT COOKING on Mother's Day?!!? Okay, I'm sure there are other places around the world where one could go to a restaurant and order a meal, but as one missionary from our church recently pointed out - the food may not be as quality! (Boiled termites, rat or cat...any takers??)

In our neck of the lower 48 great, we did our Mother's Day meal on a train! How cool was that?!!? It's our 3rd time on the Mother's Day Dinner Car and every year it exceeds our expectations! This year we invited my brother-in-law's mother, sister and her family to join us! It was such a treat!


Mom on the cell making sure everyone will be arriving for our noon train


Mom and Me


My 5-year-old Nephew and Our Darling Little Bear


Gotta be one of my favorite pictures of our Pretty Little Princess and my 7-year-old Niece



My 9-year-old Niece and her baby cousin


My awesomely amazing parents


My eldest sister and her hubby


My middle sister with her 2 sons




My brother-in-law's sister and her hubby...she's so pretty...doesn't look like she just had a baby!




My brother-in-law, his mom and my 7-year-old nephew
The train ride is over and we're still have oodles of fun - Pretty Little Princess and my 11-year-old Nephew
My Family, My parents, 2 Sisters and Their Families

My brother-in-law, his mom and his sister's family

A Great Train Ride

The delightful day was topped off with a trip to the local movie theatre to see Hannah Montana the Movie! My brother-in-law's precious mother was so thoughtfully generous to give our family a gift card to the movies...so we went to the movies practically for free!!!! How good is our God?!! If you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it! My hottie hubby even enjoyed it! The kiddos LOVED the music, the story, the whole thing!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wanda, This looks like a really creative and fun thing to do on Mother's Day. I love that idea! I think it is special that you include your brother-in-law's mother and family. I know she must really appreciate that. Actually, everybody would love to be included with you and your family's activities. What a nice family you have!! Also, thank you for your very kind comments on my blog this morning. You are a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete