MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My Mom, my 2 Sisters and Me

Words could never express my love for my bestest girlfriend, my mom! She's the one who God used to bring me to a saving knowledge of Him. She taught me all kinds of wonderful things and she showed me how to love. She showed me how to treat my husband and how to care for my children. She is so generous, kind and thoughtful - my children often mention how GENEROUS their MeMa is when they're praising God for her!

Thank you, Mom, for teaching me so many things and for loving me and sticking by me through the ups and downs of life! I love you!

Proverbs 31:28-30 sums it up so well: "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."

3 comments:

  1. Oh how I love Proverbs 31. I was cleaning this morning reciting it to myself. I want my children (that I will hopefully one day have) to rise and call me blessed. I want to honor my family like your mom honored yours. Thank you for sharing. Happy day after mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over from another site. It was fun to see a picture of sisters. I have 3 older sisters and 3 little girls.
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, meaningful and heartfelt tribute to your mother. I loved reading what you wrote. I do agree, she truly is one very special lady whom I admire greatly.

    ReplyDelete