MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Friday, January 15, 2010

USS GUNSTON HALL Heads to Haiti




Once upon a time, I babysat this adorable young lady...the bride in this picture. She grew up into a BRILLIANT, ATHLETIC FOX! Where did the time go?


She's now an ol' married lady! She and her honey were married on July 4, 2009. He was deployed in October to Iraq and today she was deployed to Haiti. Originally, she was headed to Africa, but because of the earthquake, their ship - the USS GUNSTON HALL - was rerouted for the time being.



USS GUNSTON HALL


Her precious mom - who is like another sister to me -I love her dearly...sent me this link. Of course, it brought me to tears. Seeing that ship sail away...ooooh, don't get me started.




That dear mother of this recently deployed daughter can be seen briefly in this video...my heart aches for her. Pray for them! Pray for our military families!




1 comment:

  1. At times like this, life can be so painful. Oh, how my heart aches for this dear, wonderful family. I am so thankful for this post so that I can add them to my heartfelt prayers. I love the poster at the bottom with those comforting words. This is a very special post!

    ReplyDelete