MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

The Mellette Household had some excitement this week
The PRETTY LITTLE PRINCESS lost her first tooth...
her first tooth by natural means.

This was actually her 4th tooth out. The front top three teeth were knocked out in an unfortunate teeter-totter accident a year & a half ago. So, this was the first tooth that got loose on its own and needed pulled out by unprofessional me and not an oral surgeon! I enjoyed this tooth pulling so much more than before! I didn't have to hold her down to pull this tooth out!

She had been a little nervous about getting this tooth pulled, but when it was all said and done, she said, "Was that it? It's out?"

She requested spaghetti for this celebratory supper! Can you tell?

She insisted on calling all of her MeMa, her aunts, and Grandma, but when I asked her if she wanted to call Daddy, she said,
"NO! I want to surprise him when he comes home from work!"

My hubby's reaction was priceless! You never have to wonder where my children get their flair for the dramatics!!!

The really COOL thing about the tooth extraction was that LITTLE BEAR insisted on participating as the TOOTH FAIRY! He set his alarm for midnight, snuck in her room and added his own personal money to what the parental Tooth Fairy had left! Isn't that precious? I'll have to remember this when I find them fighting!

1 comment:

  1. I love having the privilege of sharing bits and pieces of your family life with you. It takes me back a few years to the time when we were in your shoes. What precious memories! Wish every dad would get that excited over happenings in their children's lives.

    ReplyDelete