MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


It's Wednesday evening. My husband is at church singing his heart out - leading worship and singing a special music piece. Our children are enjoying Adventure Club. And, I'm here at home in my PJ's wishing I was at church partaking in our special Thanksgiving service, listening to my hubby sing. But, alas...I'm here. I've had the ickiest, nastiest headache and I can't shake it. The hubs suggested I stay at home to ride it out, so as I pound on the keys of his laptop, I'm thinking of tomorrow's holiday.
Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for this year? My relationship with God. He's intimately involved with my everyday activities. I'm so thankful for Him and His unconditional love for me. I'm thankful for my godly Christian heritage, my family, my home and health. The normal stuff. But, one of my students helped remind me of something else I'm forever grateful for: memories. When someone you love passes away, memories is often what you're left with. I enjoy creating memories with my loved ones and cherishing the memories of those who have gone on to Glory.
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. You...and I asking God to please help you feel much better today so that you can celebrate Him and all He has blessed you with today.
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete