MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Make It or Break It

"I am the true Vine, and My Father is the Gardener. He cuts off every branch in Me that bears no fruit...

...while every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes so that it will be more fruitful.


Remain in Me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.



Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me."
(from John 15)

That's our desire...that we would bear much fruit and remain in Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm never sure who actually reads this blog, but Jerad and I thought we'd throw out a prayer request into blogland with the hopes that you'll be diligent to pray for us. From this Saturday to next Saturday, Jerad and I will be going to a missionary candidate school. The mission organization will determine if we'll become missionary-appointees.

For Jerad and I this will hopefully be a "Make it or Break it" week. We've always had a heart for missions...I remember as a young child wanting to some day be a missionary. The need is SO GREAT, but just because there is a need doesn't mean it's our calling. Do you know what I mean?

Should Jerad and I take our young family to another country where Christians make up less than 1% of the population? A place where it's illegal to build a church unless the land has already been designated for religious purposes? Should Jerad and I take our family to another country when God is using us to further His Kingdom right here where we're at?

Please be praying for us. We praise God He worked out childcare for Little Bear and Pretty Little Princess while we'll be gone. He also provided a wonderful housesitter who will also tend to our dog, fish, and now TWO hamsters!

Please pray that this next week will make it SO clear to both Jerad and I as to what our future holds. We love where God has us now, but does He want us to step out of our comfort zone and commit ourselves to missions for the next 5 years?


2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I love your heart to say, "Wherever you want me, Lord, I'll BE!" And our walk with God is so much more about being than doing. You used the word "calling"--as I study in Ephesians 4, God has given us a calling--to be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love and to live in the bond of peace.
    Right now I am reading, DO HARD THINGS, by Brett and Alex Harris....excellent!! It's a challenge to step out--in faith--to do things that don't come easily or naturally! "God is good and powerful enough to help us do what we can't comfortably on our own." Two subtitles for the chapter entitled "That scary first step" are "God works through our weaknesses to accomplish his big plans" and "Unknown Future, Known God."
    Blessings to you, my dear friend. I will pray that God directs your path. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
    Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a privilege for me to pray for you two. Without a doubt, I know God will lead, direct, and open doors to let you know exactly what He knows is best. I am so thankful it is not up to me to direct you because His ways are ALWAYS PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete