MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Monday, June 14, 2010

A God-Thing




My female Middle School students got me hooked on Christy Miller books! I just can't put them down. The books are designed for tweens and teens, but I'm addicted to them! I even heard some of my students' parents are non-stop readers, too!


With the prompting from a school mom, I started a book club. The Middle School girls would meet in my room every Monday during lunch and we'd discuss the week's reading. After flying through Volume 1, 2, & 3, I just couldn't order books fast enough for me or my students! Each volume containers 3 books each. I'm almost done with Volume 4. The next thing is...The College Years. Then, I think I'll move to the Sierra Jensen Series.


Robin Jones Gunn wrote the books so well, and what's especially cool is that the books are from a Christian perspective! The Gospel is clearly laid out in the books. I find the books to challenge one spiritually, as well! What a blessing these books have been to me. Have you ever read them?



Something that the character, Christy Miller, says often in her books is, "It's a God-Thing!" Today, I experienced a "God-Thing!" My dear Little Bear & his Cutie Cousin were walking out of Wal-Mart when I happened to see an elderly lady who lives across the street from me. She lost her car keys and needed a ride home to get her spare! I have never seen my neighbor outside of our development and the fact that we were at the very same place at the very same time in her hour of need was TRULY a GOD-THING! My dear neighbor had to agree with me on that one! She is one of a few Christians I know on my block!
Have you experienced a God-Thing lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment