MELLETTE MOMENTS

Welcome to MELLETTE MOMENTS...a place to find out what's going on in Mellette's world. Pictures, stories, verses, and all kinds of JOYS from our JOURNEY will fill this blog.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Freaking Out

My most quoted phrase in my classroom is "No Freaking Out!" It's just not something I want my students to do. Together, we can do "all things through Christ who gives us strength", I tell them. But, I broke my own rule.
On Monday, I developed some complications due to my recent surgery. The doctor sort of freaked me out when I saw him late Monday afternoon.

He was so sure that he'd have to put me "under" again and do more surgery that very night. He actually told me today that he WORRIED about me all Monday night thinking he'd have to come to the hospital to do surgery on me! That's not something you really want to hear your doctor say!
But, wonders never cease...yes, a stitch came undone, but God is healing me and after another doctor visit today, it looks like no additional surgery will be needed!!!!


Although I've developed a nasty cold, sore throat, nose bleeds, and a cough, I'm delighted that I won't need to go under the knife again! I can put up with a little aaaaachooo! If my one sister keeps me stocked with Honees cough drops....




...and if my other sister keeps me entertained....


...I should be okay!


2 comments:

  1. Wanda, Sometimes I start to worry about you. You sure have had a difficult year. I thank God often that He has provided you with such a wonderful, caring family to help take care of you. You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wanda
    Thank you for such a sweet comment tonite!:)
    I'm sorry for the un-needed stress!...but it looks like God has got you in the palm of His hand.
    Happy Easter!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete